12 Interesting Facts About Menswear You Did Not Know
We all love fashion but do you think you know everything about this industry? Let´s take a look at 12 fashion facts about menswear you probably didn´t know.…
We all love fashion but do you think you know everything about this industry? Let´s take a look at 12 fashion facts about menswear you probably didn´t know. I´m sure you will enjoy reading them.
1. Men’s shirt buttons are on the right, and women’s are on the left. Have you ever noticed?
2. A French clothing company Lacoste was founded by tennis player René Lacoste and André Gillier in 1933. Its embroidered crocodile was one of the first designer logos.
3. Until 1910 it was normal for little boys around 5 or 6 to wear dresses.
4. Men didn’t wear underwear until the 17th century.
5. Jeans were named after Genoan sailors from Genoa, Italy. They used jean to protect their goods on the docks from the weather.
6. The Russian military started wearing socks in 2007. Before that they had used foot wraps.
7. Ralph Lauren, his real name is Ralph Lifshitz, started out as a tie designer.
8. A tie collector is called a grabologist.
9. Michael Kors began designing at the age of 5, he redesigned his mother’s wedding dress for her second wedding.
10. Astronauts don’t bother doing laundry in space, according to the astronaut Chris Hadfield. They just throw it out into the earth’s atmosphere, where it gets incinerated.
11. The company Abercrombie & Fitch offered Jersey Shore’s Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino money to stop wearing its clothes. They felt he was ruining its reputation.
12. The first fashion magazine was published in 1678, in France. It was called Le Mercure Galant and aimed at male readers.